Social Media Manager Full-time Job2 months ago - Social Media - Mumbai - 98 views
- The Challenge and Objectives for the Role
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers. However,
- We- ve been seeing a massive shift in what it means to be effective on social media over the last few years. One challenge in this new era of social media marketing is connecting with audiences on an individual and personal level.
- The good guys at our kitchen are innovating daily so that every dish we make, tastes true to the perfection we strive for. How do we make the world know that through clutter breaking communication?
- We nurture not one, not five, but 10+ brands currently. As we scale upwards, the need to communicate at a faster pace becomes obligatory. Managing several channels with emphasis on quality over quantity becomes a strong operational challenge.
- Organic reach has been dropping significantly over the years. While marketing spends will always be questioned by shoe string budgets, crafting high decibel campaigns is the need of the hour.
Today, there are 258.27 million active social media users in India. That's nearly one-fifth of the country's total population of 1.3 billion!
As social media marketing professionals, we- re lucky to reach even .000001% of that population with any one of our posts. This can feel a bit underwhelming for businesses and marketers looking to demonstrate the true value and ROI of social media.
As a Social Media Lead, below are the key expectations from the role:
- Brand Development : You will have to constantly communicate the - what's in it for me?- message to the customer through facts, aspirational quotient and cultural context. You will be expected to maintain, scale up and even initiate new social channels for our large kitty of brands. This will include (but not be restricted to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and other growing social networks.
- Identify target audience : Until you accept the notion that you must keep your market focus tight, you- ll constrict your business- ability to grow. Hence you should analytically use data to laser target your message.
- Solid Content Strategy : Content is still the king in this ever-so-evolving marketing warfront. You should be a good storyteller and device new content interventions to engage with the relevant online communities.
- Promotion Strategy : Ensure continued growth of our brands- fan base and promote your content. Social media is now pay to play. Hence Social advertising is a very valuable tool to get your message heard. The right candidate will put great emphasis on quality content and clear messaging to reduce promotion spends and maximise ROI in terms of leads, follower base and engagement.
- Engagement Strategy : The Social Media manager should listen, respond, ask questions and engage our audience. There should be careful consideration on how he/she responds to organic (non-paid) leads that appear in the comment section of our posts.
- Measure & Analyze to Establish ROI : Measure results on a daily basis. Your results should tie back to your objectives and provide a clear understanding of the returns you- re getting. A few points to measure would be Audience Growth, Audience Profile, Audience Engagement, Content Reach, Engagement by Content Type, Leads, Response Rate and Quality, Negative Feedback.
Qualified, Savvy Social Media Managers do not just happen. The Social Media lead will be the voice of REBEL and while social marketing and advertising are an integral part of online marketing strategy, at its heart, social media is about people, conversations and developing leads and sales from those relationships.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Media / Entertainment / Internet
Functional Area:Marketing , Advertising , MR , PR , Media Planning
Role Category:Online/Digital Marketing
Role:Social Media Marketing Manager
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
- Other Specifics :
Unlike any other job opening, stating that one must keep an eye on any changes to the media landscape that will influence concepts and make projects innovative and fresh. A professional outlook is also required to handle any strategic change from the brand teams, and meticulous research skills will ensure all communication strategy is up to date with algorithm changes and societal changes.
One key trait that we would expect our Social Strategist to demonstrate is the spirit of entrepreneurship (one of the most overused words across JDs, though only a few end up living up to it). After all, this is what has enabled building REBEL foods to what it is today and would be essential to help build our brands across these platforms with cut throat competition and clutter of brands.
Background : A seasoned professional with experience in paid social media marketing and award winning digital media campaigns.
Compensation : There is no price for good talent, in short you will be well paid. Also, we offer a great work environment and complete autonomy.
Hierarchy : You will report to the Associate Vice President - Brand Communications and be part of the core creative team in enabling Rebel Foods to continue growing its stickiness in every consumer's mind and heart.
UG:Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required