Looking for a job?
Upload your Resume and easily apply to jobs from any device!Add your Resume
More about Media Planner and Buyer position
Media buying involves obtaining the best advertising rates, adjusting media schedules in response to the latest audience figures, managing budgets and monitoring and updating clients on the effectiveness of campaigns.. Media Planner and Buyer generally are hired with an experience of 4-5 years.
Key responsibilities of Media Planner and Buyer are as follows
- Meeting clients to understand their advertising strategy and building up a picture about their target audience
- Analysing and researching the target audience's character, purchasing and media habits
- Maintaining contacts with media owners, ensuring statistics, circulation and viewing figures are up to date
- Advising the creative team and clients about the most effective media combination
- Considering appropriate timings of media activities, based upon usage patterns and seasonal factors
Minimum qualification for a Media Planner and Buyer are
- Degree or HNC/HND?
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent research skills
Major skillset required to be a successful Media Planner and Buyer are Confidence negotiating,interpersonal skills,media and people's motivations