Looking for a job?
Upload your Resume and easily apply to jobs from any device!Add your Resume
More about Video Editor position
Video Editor, you will be responsible for assembling recorded film and video footage, applying artistic editing techniques and creating finished, broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the vision of the Production Director. Video Editor generally are hired with an experience of 3-5 years.
Key responsibilities of Video Editor are as follows
- Meeting with the Director to determine production vision.
- Reviewing raw material to determine the shot list.
- Manipulating film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintaining continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
- Trimming footage and putting together the rough project.
Minimum qualification for a Video Editor are
- Bachelor?s degree in Film Studies, Cinematography, or related field.
- Previous work experience as a Video Editor
- Creative and artistic skills.
Major skillset required to be a successful Video Editor are Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.