Looking for a job?
Upload your Resume and easily apply to jobs from any device!Add your Resume
More about Copy Editor position
Copy Editor primary duties will include following a content strategy, proofreading and editing, and collaborating with co-workers to deliver quality projects on time. Copy Editor generally are hired with an experience of 1-2 years.
Key responsibilities of Copy Editor are as follows
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Communicate and work with production team to ensure that content is published in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Associated Press or Chicago Style.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content.
- Ensure that content adheres to in-house style guide.
Minimum qualification for a Copy Editor are
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experiencing in publishing and/or editing preferred.
Major skillset required to be a successful Copy Editor are Leadership and time management skills,organized and detail oriented