Looking for a job?
Upload your Resume and easily apply to jobs from any device!Add your Resume
More about Art Director position
Produces 'art' layouts by developing 'art' concepts and providing work 'direction' to staff. ... Formulates 'art' concepts by supervising workers engaged in executing layout designs for artwork and copy to be presented by visual communications media. Art Director generally are hired with an experience of 6-7 years.
Key responsibilities of Art Director are as follows
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the copywriter
- Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
Minimum qualification for a Art Director are
- Proven working experience as Art Director
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Relevant education or training
Major skillset required to be a successful Art Director are Logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection and package design